Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Almuñécar: May's Poem

A beautiful place so far away from home

I listen to the waves crash against the rocks

As I watch the sun rise in the distance

I feel as though something has been calling me here

Calling my name, though I didn't know it until now

I turn my focus to the waves, and everything is calm

Everything that I've been worrying about is gone

My breathing is in time with each wave upon the shore

Wave goes out, inhale, wave comes in, exhale

The sea waves to me, and I smile inside

I didn't know you could miss something you've never seen

Yet it feels as though I've been waiting for this my whole life

I know it's almost time to go home, and happiness isn't there

I miss my family and my friends, but I will miss this too

I feel as though I'm going to leave a part of me here

One day, I'll have to come back and share it with others

For now, I'll just spend what time I have with the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment